The Working Families Party fights to improve the lives of working people and their families by focusing our government on things that make our jobs better, provide security for our families and prosperity for our communities. That includes:
- Affordable healthcare for all Oregonians where our health, or lack thereof, is not dependent on individual wealth and subject to private profiteering; we support national single-payer health care consistent with the principles of H.R. 676.
- Opening doors to opportunity through higher education and technical training that does not result in indebtedness for our citizens.
- Affordable housing, a stop to predatory lending practices, investment in new affordable housing development, and protection of existing affordable housing.
- Promotion of green family wage jobs whose legacy leaves a clean, secure, and sustainable environment for our children.
- Supporting fair trade, defending our jobs against outsourcing, wage and benefit cuts, and corporate raiding.
- The right to organize and reach a first contract free of intimidation, discrimination, and illegal terminations.
Read about our current issue campaigns: