April 11th, 2012 by dlombardi
For a brief, but fantastic moment last Thursday evening, an impromptu dance battle between mayoral candidates Eileen Brady, Charlie Hales, Jefferson Smith, and Cameron Whitten broke out at our annual fundraiser – “A Major Party for the Minor Party.” It all started when Cameron Whitten grabbed the mic challenging the candidates to a dance off, and they all rose to the challenge.
We’ve got video proof.
We also put on quite an event last Thursday evening at Holocene in Portland:
- We set a goal of $10,000, but with your help, we blew that goal away and raised over $14,000!!!
- Over 250 people joined in the fun.
- The State Labor Commissioner, Brad Avakian gave an impassioned fundraising pitch.
- Multiple state legislators attended and donated to the WFP.
- The mayoral candidates took a swing at our Piñata.
Bottom line, it was an evening we’ll never forget.
Well maybe the mayoral candidates might want to – but in just one night, 20,000 people watched this video, proving yet again that the internet never forgets!
(Note: This vote does not constitute an official endorsement of any candidate. The Oregon Working Families Party endorses candidates by evaluating them on the issues we care about most: family wage jobs, quality health care, and sensible economic policy that benefits Oregon’s working families.)